Garz & Fricke, headquarter in Hamburg, Germany develops and manufactures Single Board Computers and Touch Screen Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) for a variety of industrial OEM customers, mainly from fields such as Professional Kitchen Equipment, Medical Devices and Laboratory Equipment. We take great pride in our high vertical integration, which enables us to engineer and manufacture all our electrical and mechanical solutions in house as well as develop all our own firmware and user interfaces. We are the leading provider of a one-stop-shop solution for Human Machines Interfaces. We make it yours!
In 2018 we established our North American office in the Twin Cities that serves our rapidly growing number of customers from the US and Canada. To boost our success here further we are currently building a team of dedicated engineers that will work with our customers, our sales experts and our R&D team in Germany to create unique solutions for touch screen HMIs.
For our team in Minneapolis we are looking for a
Embedded Systems Engineer
With Garz & Fricke you will:
- Be part of our engineering team and help grow the company
- Customize and configure our hardware and software products to meet customer’s needs
- Support our sales team in projects and in direct interaction with the customer which includes travelling (around 10% of your work time)
- Provide basic technical support for customers
- Defining custom products for our customers including creation of custom BOM and calculation of pricing
- Work closely with our corporate R&D and solutions team at the headquarters in Germany
- Support product management
What you need for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Software Engineering, or ABET accredited Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Aeronautical Engineering
- General basic knowledge of embedded hardware and software design and development with a specialization in one of those.
- Familiarity with communication protocols including SPI, I2C, Ethernet, USB, CAN, etc.
- 2+ years experience in development of embedded systems or similar technologies
- Openness to work with our customer’s R&D teams and provide solutions for their problems
- A working morale that is proactive, responsible, transparent and organized
- A hands-on attitude
What skills are beneficial:
- Experience with all phases of embedded hardware and software development (design, architecture, test, release and support)
- Basic experience in mechanical design and CAD software preferably Solid Works
- Regulatory agency experience (UL, CE, FDA)
- Experience with UI development for example in Qt or Crank Storyboard
What is in it for you:
- An in depth training on the job here in the US and with our engineers in Germany
- Continuous professional training throughout your career
- The chance to make a difference in a small but growing team
- Competitive compensation
- State of the art office at Life Time Work Southdale including Diamond Level gym membership
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401 (K) with generous company match
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
This is a unique opportunity to help shape our company with your visions and grow together. If for you, building something new is both a great challenge and very rewarding then contact us! We are looking forward to working with you!
Physical Job Requirements:
- While working in this job, you will be regularly required to be independently mobile.
- You will also be required to interact with a computer, communicate with peers and co-workers, and sit for prolonged periods of time doing computer based work.
- You must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Typical office and working environments.
Garz & Fricke provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Also Garz & Fricke will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Who we are:
Get to know Garz & Fricke and our products and solutions „made in Germany“ on our website: www.garz-fricke.com/en
Are you interested?
Please send us your application via email, including your salary expectations and your possible start date. We’re looking forward to meeting you in person.