With the new Trizeps VIII Plus, Keith & Koep, a Garz & Fricke Group company, has expanded its SOM product line. This System On Module solution is one of the most powerful and compact CPU modules in the industry thanks to its extensive features. It uses the new i.MX 8M Plus SoC (System on Chip) from the NXP i.MX 8 series and has several processor units that can handle a wide range of computing operations. Therefore, the Trizeps VIII Plus is also suitable for AI applications. It also has the Keith & Koep SODIMM 200 standard. This is the longest existing SODIMM standard and ensures the extensive pin compatibility of the Trizeps modules with each other like no other module standard. The solution can also be used on older Keith & Koep platforms.
For classic embedded functions, the Trizeps VIII Plus covers a wide range of application scenarios. For example, the dual Gigabit Ethernet and dual CAN-FD interfaces are used in industrial automation. The integrated 800 MHz clocked ARM Cortex-M7 co-processor also makes it suitable for use in low-power and real-time applications. USB 3.0 and PCIe are available as high-speed interfaces. The integrated Neural Processing Unit (NPU) of the Trizeps VIII Plus also enables computing operations for AI. Typically, trained neural networks are used here for pattern, speech and object recognition. This opens up new application areas for the Trizeps VIII Plus SOM.
The Trizeps VIII Plus is also versatile in the multimedia field. Powerful 2D and 3D GPUs (Graphic Processing Unit) enable the simultaneous use of multiple displays and cameras that can be integrated independently. High-performance video decoders and encoders as well as two image signal processors (Dual-ISP - Dual-Image Signal Processor) provide fast image processing. Powerful audio and voice functions are also available. Displays can be connected via HDMI, dual LVDS or MIPI-DISI interfaces. In addition, the Trizeps VIII Plus extends the functionality of the i.MX 8M Plus SoC with the configurable FPGA, the programmable Kinetis Cortex M0+ MCU, the HiFi Audio Codec and the WLAN/Bluetooth module.
Thanks to its extensive features, the Trizeps VIII Plus SOM can be used in numerous industrial sectors such as automation, robotics, automotive, aerospace, medical and retail. The Trizeps VIII Plus is available with Android, Linux and Windows 10 IoT operating systems and will be available from April 2021.
Technical features of the Trizeps VIII Plus
- NXP i.MX 8M Plus ARM Cortex A53 quad-core CPU up to 1.8 GHz
- Integrated ARM Cortex M7 up to 800 MHz for low-power and real-time applications
- Integrated Neural Processing Unit (NPU) 2.3 TOP/s
- Up to 8 GByte LPDDR4-4000 memory,
- 32 bit dual image signal processor (ISP- Image Signal Processor): resolution up to 12 megapixel, input rate up to 375 megapixel
- Multi-Display / Interfaces: MIPI-DSI, HDMI 2.0a, LVDS, Dual-LVDS.
- Multi-camera / interfaces: MIPI CSI
- Video decoder: 1080p60, h.265/4, VP9, VP8 / Video encoder: 1080p60, h.265/4
- Digital Audio Codecs
- 2x GBit Ethernet, 2x CAN-FD, 3x SDIO 3.0
- 2x USB 3.0/2.0, PCIe (3rd generation)
- Configurable FPGA (up to 4300 LUTs), e.g. as MIPI to RGB converter
- Additional NXP Kinetis V Arm Cortex M0+ MCU ( e.g. ADC, SPI, I2C, GPIO)
- Onboard WLAN/Bluetooth module
- Additional analog HiFi audio codec
- Low power consumption due to 14nm LPC FinFET technology
More information can be found here: https://keith-koep.com/en/products/products-trizeps/trizeps-viii-mini-imx8m-plus-features/